Coronavirus - (COVID-19)
UPDATE #3: (17/03/2020)
As responsible event organisers and in line with our company values, the health and wellbeing of all those who attend our events is our priority. Due to this fast-evolving situation we have had to take the decision to postpone the Spring Detectival event and cancel the Summer Detectival event.
We have not made this decision lightly but based on expert advice and following Government guidelines we need to be sensible for the sake of our community, friends and family.
We are aware of the financial implications cancelling this event would have on attendees, traders, volunteers and our supported charity, who have all already made arrangements for attending this event, and the implications to any third party businesses associated with that too. This is why we are postponing this event rather than cancelling it.
Options to attendees are as follows:
- Ticket moved to Spring 2021 - We will automatically move your tickets over to the new Spring Detectival event which will be 3rd and 4th April 2021, in the same location in Henley-on-Thames. We were due to increase ticket prices in 2021, however, due to what is occurring our ticket prices will freeze which means your ticket and camping costs will remain the same for this event. By moving the tickets across it means that any advance payments we as organisers, and you as attendees have made to third parties should be able to accommodate this move over to the following year.
- Ticket moved to September 2020 - You can move
your ticket to the 12th and 13th September 2020 event, based in Burford,
Oxfordshire. Unfortunately, at this moment in time we cannot predict whether
this event will still run or whether this will also be postponed until next year.
We will keep you all up-to-date as much as possible. If you choose this option
and we cannot run the event we will offer to move your ticket to Spring 2021 or
September 2021 when we are hoping this situation will be resolved.
- If you cannot make the new dates for Spring Detectival 2021 event or the September Detectival 2020 event please contact us directly and we will let you know your options.
Please email email@example.com as soon as possible to let us know which event you would like your ticket re-allocated to.
Please bear with us as we will have lots of emails to reply to, and we will get back to you as soon as possible with ticket changes.
At the moment we are cancelling this event, as we have only just released the tickets for sale we have not sold enough tickets to warrant postponing it and moving the tickets over to next year. We will return all ticket payments and you can book your tickets again for next Summer’s Detectival 2021 event when it is released next year.
We whole-heartedly apologise to all our attendees, traders, charities, staff and volunteers for this decision, we feel that it is the best decision we can make at this time.
Please bear with us at this time as we will have a lot of emails to reply to and it will take some time to make changes to tickets.
Please continue to maintain good respiratory and hand hygiene by employing the ‘Catch It. Bin It. Kill It.’ ethos and ensuring regular and thorough hand washing. If you do experience any of the symptoms: a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath, please remain at home visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 or call NHS 111 for advice.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some useful information sources: