June Pt1 2021
The Detectival Team is pleased to announce the title Sponsor for this event is
Leisure Promotions who are donating a range of prizes to our event charity raffle (raffle entry available at the event).
We also have a range of event sponsors and traders that have all kindly donated to our charity raffle.
We have over 15 detectors to give away at June Detectival, plus loads of accessories and other great prizes.
The Rally Site Update
Final preparations are being made for the June Detectival event. Time is ticking away quickly, with just over a week to go.
Now is the time for a site update and to start getting a bit excited.
The weather has finally started to improve and the sheep have now been moved off of their pasture fields, having grazed the grass down, and the grass is now being cut in some of our search fields so the site is currently starting to look very good for the June Detectival weekend. The weather for the weekend is looking like it will be stunning at the moment with the long range weather forecast pointing to a dry weekend and temperatures between low to mid 20’s. Remember to bring your suncream!
The area is in a very historic and archaeologically significant area with Hambleden Roman villa and temple complex close by our search area and mill end Roman villa site just a stones throw away, and not too mention all the amazing finds made and discovered on the first Spring Detectival event in 2019 (including the Hambleden Hoard) so the potential for more amazing finds over the weekend is good and we are counting on you recording some great finds over the June Detectival weekend.
Here is a video link for the Hambleden Hoard : https://youtu.be/-OJ-s4NHZkc
Here are some of the finds currently on the PAS website: https://finds.org.uk/database/rallies/rally/id/557
Thank you all for your patience with us getting back to you on the event specifics. We have been in constant contact over the last few months with the government and local authority to ensure our compliance with the current COVID-19 pandemic and ensure your safety at the event.
We have got the various risk assessments and COVID-19 safety strategies in place, along with the event licence confirmation, which is fabulous news as we are able to have a bar at the event.
Unfortantly we are unable to have live entertainment or a communal marquee as we normally would on our events. We have instead got background music and our traders are able to bring their own marquees/gazebos to provide you all with supplies and other products.
Please ensure if you enter any marquees you wear a face mask and use the trader's hand sanitser.
First Draw - Saturday @ 5:00PM
Second Draw - Sunday @ 3:00PM
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic please can we ask all entrants to not gather in close proximity to each other at the event when we do the raffle draws. We will be doing the draws near to the bar and would ask all entrants who wish to watch it to ensure good social distancing and standing far back from where the draw is taking place. The microphone is extremely loud so you will be able to hear the results at a good distance away. If you are lucky enough to win please pop your face mask on when you come to collect your prize. Anyone not at the draw can collect their prizes from the check-in tent later.
Thank you all.
At this event we will be raising money for Rennie Grove Hospice Care
Bar and Caterers
The Travelling Pub Company will be providing the licenced bar.
Plus there are caterers and a coffee van on site.
The June Detectival event is going to be run slightly differently due to the COVID-19 virus. Please read the COVID-19 specifics below. By attending this event all June Detectival attendees agree with the attendee declaration and specifics below. We will also be sending out these specifics and this declaration in a separate email to all the June Detectival attendees. Please be sure to read through it all and ensure you understand your requirements as an attendee of a public metal detecting event.
- Ensure you wear a mask inside all marquees and gazebos at the event unless you bring an exemption certificate with you.
- Use the hand santisers on site and follow good hand hygiene.
- Do not gather in large groups, and ensure that the ‘group of 6’ rule is being followed.
- When queuing at the check-in tent, caterers and bar ensure you are wearing your mask and following the social distancing rules.
- Before attending this event please consider your risks – including your age, ethnicity, health status and other factors that give rise to an increased risk of severer illness from COVID-19. If you feel you may be at higher risk of COVID-19 please do not attend this event.
- For more information refer to the NHS advise and current also Government guidance in regards to COVID-19 to ensure you are following the law.
- I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge, I am not infected with COVID-19.
- I have had no symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days: a new or persistent cough, fever, or loss or change to your sense of taste or smell.
- I confirm that I haven't been around anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days.
- I confirm that I am not living with anyone who has confirmed COVID-19 or shown symptoms in the past 14 days, or is self-isolating or is in quarantine.
- I confirm I am not subject to quarantine measures (For example: having recently returned to/entered the UK or from an area with quarantine measures in place)
- I understand that I need to contact Detectival prior to attending this dig if I become unwell with COVID-19 symptoms after compiling with this declaration.
- I agree to this information being shared if Detectival is required to share it.
Please continue to maintain good respiratory and hand hygiene by employing the ‘Catch It. Bin It. Kill It.’ ethos and ensuring regular and thorough hand washing. If you do experience any of the symptoms: a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath, please remain at home visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 or call NHS 111 for advice.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Some useful information sources:
The event location and postcode will be emailed out to all attendees next week before the event. Please look out for this email, before you email us requesting the postcode please check your junk/spam mail folders.
And our second newsletter will be sent out shortly with more details about the event, and additional information about checking in at the event and camping.
Please remember to either print your tickets or have them ready to show on an electronic device to gain access to the event - no ticket, no entry.
All new dated tickets have been sent to all attendees, please check your junk folder if you haven't received them yet.
If you haven't received your e-tickets yet please reply to this email and we'll forward them to you. (They might be in your email junk folder). Please bear with us as we are receiving a high number of emails at present and replies are taking 4-5 days. Please do not send duplicate emails to chase a response, we will get back to you as soon as we can.
We look forward to seeing you all there!